Pages

Monday, January 9, 2012

2012 Crazy Quilt Journal Project

When I signed up for the 2012 Crazy Quilt Journal Project, I knew that I wanted to challenge myself and be part of the project.  Several of us in the Tenacious Threads group were signing up for the project and the discussion turned to the question of “What will your final project look like?”  I am a relatively new crazy quilter and have made a few single blocks, but not had to tie things together.  I couldn’t come up with a plan, but the answer came in a dream.  I love it when this happens!
My finished project will be the Silver Dollar Moon Quilt.
Each block will have Silver Dollar Sized circle to represent the Moon with something (literal or not) that links it to the Native American name of the full moon for that month.
I started by tracing an actual silver dollar for my moon template (hoping that this will bring me the luck I will need!)
I hauled my pretty fabrics over to my Mom's house and we had a pleasant time sorting the fabrics into groups for each block.

No comments:

Post a Comment